Morningside Area Community Council (MACC) invites you to the 1st Annual MACC n’ CHEESE Bake-Off
Morningside Residents battle it out for the neighborhood’s best mac and cheese!
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
7:00PM – 11:00PM
Morningside VFW Social Hall (1820 Morningside Avenue)
Tickets $20 (Must be 21+ to Attend)
Ticket includes Mac and Cheese Tastings, Wings, Beer, Music, and Neighbors!
Cook Off Information:
1. There is no entry fee.
2. Set-up is on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 6:00PM. Some preparation can be done at the site.
3. Gloves must be worn during the preparation and serving. These will be provided to you on the day of the event.
4. You must prepare enough mac and cheese for 100+ two-ounce tastings. The two-ounce tasting cups will be provided to you on the day of the event.
5. You must provide the utensils and tools needs to prepare and serve the mac and cheese. Only electricity and tables will be provided.
6. If your mac and cheese ingredients could be harmful (e.g. seafood, hot peppers, etc) please notify the organizers ahead of time.
7. Judging will start at 6:30PM before the doors open.
8. Doors open to the participants at 7:00PM. Again, each team will be provided two-ounce tasting cups. You will need to serve your mac and cheese until 8:00PM.
9. There will be two awards – the judges average score and the people choice! Prizes will be announced at approximately 9:00PM.
Proceeds Benefit the Morningside Mile Honoring Those Who Serve